Hello dear reader,
I am a big fan of Mexican food and could eat guacamole all day long!
I have several guac recipes that I like but this recipe for “Velvet Guacamole” is my favourite as it is so quick and easy not to mention fresh and, well, velvety!
I have no idea where I got this recipe – it has been in my hand-written recipe book for so long that half the words have faded away!
Velvet Guacamole – recipe
– 2 ripe avocadoes
– 6 cloves garlic, crushed
– Fresh Chilli, chopped finely (I use one large Anaheim Chilli – adapt this to how fiery you like it)
– juice of 1 lime
– good quality oil (I use cold-pressed rapeseed oil, as it it local to me)
1) Peel the avocados, remove the stone and mush down their flesh using a fork.
2) Mix in the garlic, chilli and lime juice, stirring well to combine.
3) Eat immediately, or drizzle with oil to retain the colour, and refrigerate for up to two days.
I love my velvet guac as a dip, or even spread on toast or crackers!
P.S. I am entering this into Chris’s Foodie World Cup bloggers challenge, as Mexico are playing today (17th June 2014).